A new favourite in our household, the sauce for this Creamy Lemon and Garlic Chicken comes together in minutes and also makes a great sauce to toss pasta with!
Say hello to our new favourite weeknight chicken dinner, this Creamy Lemon and Garlic Chicken. It’s my favourite kind of meal ( a 30 minute dinner!) and comes together so quickly. Best of all, you can toss in some pasta into the sauce for a perfect one pot meal. Serve it with some broccoli or asparagus and it’s the best!
Did I mention even Aren likes it? Considering he is in the height of his picky toddler eating phase, that’s a great compliment.
Like most 30 minute dinners you’ll find here, the ingredient list is not terribly extensive. You should have most of the items on hand already!
But it’s all about the simple flavours so make sure you don’t skimp on the garlic or fresh lemon. It makes a difference!
As for cream, feel free to sub in half and half if need be. You might need a touch more but it would still get the job done.
My only other tip would be to not crowd your chicken in the pan. It’s best to do two rounds if you have a lot of chicken. The key to crisping the chicken nicely is to make sure there’s room in that pan! That’s chicken 101 for you! You want it to be nice and crispy on the outside but nice and moist on the inside. And don’t worry about making sure that your chicken is cooked through- it will still cook in the sauce for an extra minute or two at the end!
Hope you guys love this super simple Creamy Lemon and Garlic Chicken!
Creamy Lemon and Garlic Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 4-6 cutlets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk or 2 percent
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- parsely to garnish
- Pound your chicken breasts into equal size cutlets. Season with salt and pepper. Warm up a medium skillet over medium heat. Add in 2 tbsp butter and oil. Once butter has melted, saute chicken breasts, ensuring you do not crowd the pan. Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until nice and crispy. You may have to do this in two batches if you have too many cutlets. Flip and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Add in remaining butter. Once melted, add in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in flour and stir until it coats the garlic. Immediately add in broth, milk and cream. Whisk well to get rid of any lumps. Bring to a boil. Reduce and let sauce thicken for 5-6 minutes until it can coat the back of a wooden spoon. Pour in lemon juice and stir.Return chicken to pan and top with parsely and lemons. At this point feel free to add cooked pasta to the skillet.
Looking for more weeknight dinners? Try out our go to Turkey Ragu!