A simple appetizer that’s bound to be a hit at your table, this easy caprese wreath is a breeze to make!
I love those appetizers that don’t really require much time or effort, and this Caprese Wreath is just that.
It might seem a little too simple, but if you’re using really fresh ingredients, and the right amount of salt and pepper, it will be delicious.
It’s all in the appearance and I found it easiest to make this using a round cutting board or plate.
Here’s how to do it:
- Start by placing your balsamic glaze or other dip in the middle of the board. (Read on for my easy balsamic glaze recipe!!)
- Place your seasoned tomatoes all over, trying to cover as much of the board as possible.
- Top with bocconcini cheese (make sure to season with salt and pepper!)
- Garnish with basil
- Add in some food picks for easy access 😉
I love the idea of adding a big bow to the bottom of the board- it makes for a festive touch! I love a simple grosgrain ribbon this time of year, like these here.
Super easy and fun appetizers are so key during a busy holiday season! Make sure to try this one out and read on for my simple balsamic glaze recipe!
- 2 cups good balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Heat vinegar and brown sugar in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk well until sugar dissolves.
- Once dissolved, let mixture boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Let cook down for 20 minutes until thickened.
- Cool down and serve!