This has fast become one of our favourite pastas and for good reason! This Easy Spicy Vodka Sauce is the perfect date night meal!
We’ve been doing pasta with vodka sauce for quite some time now, but I felt like it was time for a little refresh. A little spice. A little something different. Enter this pasta with spicy vodka sauce. I use the term pasta loosely because you can really use whatever kind you like. We adore these little ones because they get coated with the sauce so nicely.
And the sauce? Ooh it’s the perfect hint of spice and creaminess. The addition of butter at the very end makes it so silky smooth. I like to add a little basil when finishing it off too.
Things to remember?
- Don’t be stingy on the butter: It really makes a difference!
- Make sure to reserve pasta water for your sauce : It’s going to add a whole other layer to your sauce
- Don’t freak out if you eat all of it in one sitting 😉 Because it’s that good.
This pasta is so simple to make and with ingredients that you probably already have in the pantry/fridge. It’s such a great date night meal. I’ve made this for Ara twice in the last month and he was most definitely a happy camper.
The heat level is not too high but it definitely gives it a little something.
I do want to share an even spicier version of this soon but in the meantime trust me when I say this one will do.
I mean look at those noodles coated with sauce!
Read on for the recipe and please let me know if you get a chance to try it!
Pasta with Spicy Vodka Sauce
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes more if desired
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- t tbsp cold butter
- Boil pasta as per directions in a large pot of salted water. Drain and set aside
- Add oil in a large saucepan or skillet. Saute onions for 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic and salt. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add in red pepper flakes and tomato paste. Cook down for 5-6 minutes until sauce darkens in color. Pour in vodka and let cook another 2-3 minutes. Add in cream and remove from heat. Stir together, adding in pasta water. Toss in parmesan and continue stirring. Add pasta and once coated with sauce, add butter, mixing until dissolved.
- Plate and garnish with basil or parsley if desired.