An easy addition to your next brunch party, or just a fun little snack for you and the kids! These Granola Parfait Cups are homemade, a breeze to make and delicious!
I’m always looking for yummy and easy additions to my at home brunch game! It’s my favourite meal to entertain friends over with and for good reason. Brunch is alway a more relaxed atmosphere than a dinner party. There’s usually some good drinks (all about the mimosas without orange juice over here!) Both sweet and savoury dishes. And everyone leaves by 3/4 pm leaving you the rest of the night to do nothing! Sounds good to me!
I love having a healthy option on board for brunch as well. These granola cups filled with greek yogurt are just that. And best of all? You can make them ahead of time! That’s a win in my books.
Don’t be fooled by the prep time listed below, they need to firm up in the fridge for 30 minutes-otherwise they take a quick ten minutes to make!
Read on for the recipe and happy brunching this weekend!
Homemade Granola Parfait Cups
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup banana, smashed
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- any small fruit for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit Whisk together oats and cinnamon in a medium or large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix in banana, honey, melted butter and vanilla. Create a well in the oats mixture and pour in banana mixture. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, incorporate ingredients together.
- Divide mixture into 8 muffin tins. Using your fingers or a small spoon, mold mixture into the shape of the muffin tin, creating a well in the middle (this will be where the yogurt will go later!) Make sure to cover any gaps so that the yogurt doesn't spill out afterwards. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to an hour.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the sides look golden brown and well set. I'd recommend setting a timer for 12 minutes and checking from that point onwards, depending on the heat of your oven, and how thick your granola cups are! The thicker it is, the longer it will take to bake!
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Using a sharp knife, gently loosen edges of cups and remove from tray. Top with 1 tbsp greek yogurt and some fruit. Serve immediately