A very quick and easy last minute party idea that will make everyone happy, this hot cocoa bar cart is the perfect holiday corner in your house!
Can you guys believe we are already half way through December?! A lot of holiday parties are already underway but a good chunk are still left!
For us, most of our entertaining, both at our house and at friends’ houses will start up this week.
That means lots of last minute details, shopping and party arrangements.
I love a good bar cart to tie together a whole party. They’re just so fun to put together and make for an easy entertaining hack- have everything organized well enough and you have one less task to handle as hostess!
So a festive Hot Cocoa Bar Cart is right up my alley this time of year!
What I love about this is that it’s great for both kids and adults.
If you’re having a strictly adult bash, I’d highly recommend adding a little Baileys to your cart stat!
Since I’m preggo and pretty much all of our friends have young kids, this cart is rated PG 😉
Here’s what you’ll need to make one of your own:
Hot Cocoa Bar Cart Essentials:
- Signage- You need something to let people know what your bar cart is for! I opted for letter balloons as well as a letter board sign. What I love most about these letter balloons is that you can actually fill them up and hang your sign the day before. An hour before your guests come just blow into them a touch more to fill up whatever air was lost over night. Saves you so much time!
- Hot Cocoa- What’s a Hot Cocoa Bar Cart without Hot Cocoa? Just add a big spoon and let people help themselves!
- A kettle- I love a good electric kettle. Just make sure your bar cart is near an outlet, or better yet, just bring out a kettle of boiling water every hour or so.
- Toppings- The fun stuff! Marshmallows, cinnamon sticks, cookies- whatever your heart desires. I also added candy canes for the kiddos.
- Something to stir with- the most important part!
- Napkins- because someone is going to spill theirs, I promise.
- Cups- If I had just a few guests over I’d definitely leave out some fun holiday mugs. But with kids and more kids, Kraft paper cups are the way to go for me. I ordered these off of Amazon and they are perfect!
- Optional: Steamed Milk, Baileys and whipped cream! I kept mine simple but those will elevate your hot cocoa bar cart to the next level.
And then just decorate! You want to make it look festive 😉 I love the glitter gift boxes that HomeSense has been carrying this year. I have them everywhere in my house! And a little mini tree is always a good idea.
The holidays can be stressful enough. I love adding a few fun touches to brighten up everyone’s day all the while not creating more work for me.
You can easily assemble the entire cart the night before- just make sure to Saran Wrap the cookies/marshmallows so that they don’t get stale! Right before your guests come, just unwrap and you are all set.
And Kraft paper cups are a great way to ensure you don’t have a gazillion cups to wash afterwards!
Scroll down for a few more inspo pics of our Hot Cocoa Bar Cart and happy holidays friends!!