A quick and healthy meal to whip up during the week. We’ve got to balance out all that heavy holiday feasting and this zucchini salad does the trick!
You guys probably remember seeing me share my new obsession with Zucchini noodles a month or so back. Obsession doesn’t really do it justice because I am so in love 😉 You see, I have this love hate relationship with spaghetti squash. Sometimes it does the trick for me, but sometimes it just falls short.
Zucchini noodles though?! They seem to be doing the job just fine! When coated with sauce or slightly warmed up they get the best texture and you almost can believe you are eating pasta. I thought they’d be a whole lot more complicated to make but they are in fact so easy.
We’ve been using this Cuisinart Prep Express Spiralizer and it is seriously a game changer! You can even make crinkle potatoes with it! That’s another blog post on its own 😉
Anyways, it is still all about the quick meals here and I love this spin on my favourite Barefoot Contessa cold pasta salad. It’s savoury, has loads of veggies in it, and stays well for leftovers. It’s great for potlucks, or just to munch on at home! It’s a welcome treat with all the heavy meals we’ve been downing as of late. And since the heavy meals are still to come, it’s really a great mid week option.
Read on for the recipe and happy feasting!
Easy Zucchini Noodle Salad
- 1 cup snap peas trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds optional
- 1 tbsp honey
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Using a spiralizer or food processor with spiralizing attachment, make noodles out of zucchini. Set aside
- In a medium saucepan, boil water. Cook red peppers and snap peas for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately add to an ice bath. Drain again and set aside.
- Whisk oil, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame seeds, ginger and peanut butter in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, place noodles, red peppers and snap peas. Pour in sauce and mix well. Plate and garnish with any additional sesame seeds and parsley. Serve and enjoy!