An easy and delicious alternative to the usual meat burger! This chicken slider recipe is topped with a crunchy slaw and a spicy sauce to make it the perfect summer meal.
We’re huge burger fans in this household- come summer the bbq is on heavy use and burgers are more often than not on the grill. While the classic is always a favourite, I like to switch it up with chicken burgers every so often. I mean, chicken is healthier than red meat, so it’s essentially like eating a salad right?! That’s my stance on things and I’m sticking to it! And I love making mini versions like these sliders right here!
I like to dress up them up a little differently than I do a normal burger.
I stick with the usual brioche bun, mini in this case, (it’s aint a burger unless it’s on a brioche bun!) but dress it up with a twist: Crunchy slaw and a spicy mayo sauce! It’s the perfect combo of fresh and satiating.
Ground chicken is a little harder to cook than regular beef so it’s really important to flip it on the grill only when it’s fully ready! Otherwise you may see it crumble a bit more than usual.
And as for leftovers?! Definitely better than the beef version. Because they’re not as dry, they tend to reheat pretty well meaning you can have burgers all week long.
Read on for the recipe and enjoy!
Easy Mini Chicken Sliders with Crunchy Slaw
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp mayo divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups slaw mix of choice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 mini brioche buns
- Preheat grill over medium heat. Prepare chicken mixture. In a medium bowl, combine ground chicken, mayo, garlic, onion and bread crumbs. This is easiest with your hands. Measure out 1/4 cup servings of chicken mixture and flatten into mini patties.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper on both sides of chicken patties, similarly to seasoning a steak.
- Grill burgers 3-4 minutes per each side until well cooked. In the meantime prepare slaw. Mix white wine vinegar, olive oil and honey in small bowl Whisk well. Toss in slaw mix and toss to coat. Mix 1/2 cup mayo and 1-2 tbsp hot sauce in a separate bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
- When patties are cooked, grill brioche bun halves, 30 seconds per side. Assemble sliders by topping bottom half of bun with a scoopful of slaw. Top with chicken. Spread spicy mayo on top half of bread and place gently on top. Serve and enjoy!