A fun and festive DIY, these Holiday Mason Jar Cakes are a breeze to make thanks to Avery Products Canada!
This post has been sponsored by Avery Products. As always, opinions are my own.Jump to Recipe
I love a good DIY but as a mom of two toddlers, sometimes those Pinterest boards can be a tad intimidating! Enter these perfect Holiday Mason Jar Cakes! Not only are they adorable, they are personalized thanks to our easy to use Avery Products– specifically their labels!
I don’t think you understand how easy this was! I picked the label that would work best with my mason jars (I opted for labels 1 and 2), then I picked a free template from their website. That was probably the hardest part because there were was so many choices! Finally I, popped the labels into my printer and voila, personalized labels in less than a minute!
And the Holiday Mason Jar Cakes? A breeze to make too! These are super customizable- feel free to make your own cake and frosting, or store bought works fine too! Scroll down as I will be sharing my go to frosting recipe because truly, homemade frosting tastes so much better!
What kind of cake can you use for holiday mason jar cakes?
I opted for chocolate, vanilla and carrot but the options are endless!
- Red Velvet
What kind of frosting/filling do you need?
Once again, anything works! I opted for a mix of chocolate frosting, cream cheese frosting, buttercream and I even added some chocolate mousse to lighten it up. Here are other options:
- Nutella frosting
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Orange
- Classic Vanilla and Chocolate
It’s also fun to add in fresh fruit or sprinkles in the mix! Really anything works. This is also a great kid friendly holiday activity!
Now to assemble the Holiday Mason Jar Cakes:
The size of you cake is going to depend on the size of your mason jars! I also found it easier to use a mason jar that had an open lid- essentially no grooves on the inside of the lid. This made adding the cake easier! Once you pick your jar, you’ll want to find a cookie cutter or biscuit cutter that is slightly smaller. I did a variety of cake pans too show that everything works. From 9×13 to a 9 inch square, they all gave me perfect rounds for my jars. Cut out rounds with your cutter and then get to assembling! Layer as you’d like! For a full tutorial check out this video here!
And finally? It’s label time. We went with Avery Products Canada for a variety of reasons:
- They’re made in Ontario so we are supporting a Canadian business
- the website is so easy to navigate- I actually printed my labels just using my phone, it was that easy!
- There are hundreds of free templates and designs to pick from and they are even separated into categories. I found both of mine in the holiday category!
- The labels are truly high quality- it’s also very easy to smooth out any bubbles under the labels in case you are not the craftiest when it comes to putting them on 😉
There are countless of other products like tags, cards and specialty labels for your water bottles- really anything that needs a little personalization can be found!
Head to Avery.ca for more information and inspirational ideas! As always, opinions are my own and I am happy to support local Canadian businesses! For the full tutorial, click here.
Easy Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine softened butter, cocoa powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add in 1/2 of powdered sugar. Beat on medium heat with an electric mixer until just combined.
- Add in 1/4 cup of remaining sugar. Beat again. Add final 1/4 cup and beat till fully combined.
- Stir in cream and vanilla. Mix on medium high speed until fluffy and desired texture has been reached.
Leave a Reply