An easy to make and satiating summer salad that’s filled with delicious shrimp and topped on fresh greens.
While I love shrimp all year round, I personally prefer to grill it up in the summer. My favourite version? This Scampi one that’s filled with lots of butter and garlic. It has minimal ingredients which is a plus, and chances are you have most of them at home anyways!
To be honest, I made this a few times without the greens. While I loved the taste, I just didn’t know what to pair it with to balance it out. Shrimp marinated in butter and garlic is definitely not the lightest choice of meals!
So I then finally settled on salad. Spinach, arugula or just plain ol’ greens?? I opted for a mesclun mix just because I felt like the arugula taste would compete with the yummy garlicky shrimp and we don’t want that now do we?!
Feel free to sub in any greens however, or even any dressing! And if you want to toss it on pasta, be my guest too!
Whichever way you’d like it, read on for the recipe and enjoy!
Shrimp Scampi Salad
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and diveined
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 4 cups mesclun mix or any other salad variety
- Melt butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in a small saucepan. Toss in garlic and red pepper. Stir for 2-3 minutes. Add in lemon juice. Set aside and reserve half of sauce.
- Marinate shrimp with half of butter garlic sauce. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In the interim preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss tomatoes with oil. Season with salt and pepper.Roast tomatoes for 20 minutes or until just ready to burst. In the meantime prepare the salad dressing. Whisk together 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Toss well with lettuce
- Preheat grill to medium. Skewer shrimp and grill for 2-3 minutes per side. Plate salad and top with roasted tomatoes. Toss remaining sauce with shrimp and place on top of salad. Serve and Enjoy!