Still all about those summer apps and meals over here! I feel like people jump on the fall bandwagon a little too early while we are over here still celebrating the fact that there’s officially 5 weeks of summer left. No need to order those pumpkin lattes yet my friends!
On the meal rotation this week? These Melon Skewers with Basil Dipping Sauce. We have been on a hosting kick as of late and I am constantly looking for cute app ideas that are also tasty. I usually pull together a big melon salad at some point in the summer, but this time around I decided to make it an appetizer!
I alternated different kinds of melon with cheese (of course!!) and little bits of prosciutto. My kind of snack. I mean honestly, add a baguette to this and it is pretty much our favourite dinner.
Best of all it’s easy. Like so easy. If you have older kids I think it’s fun for them to help you scoop out the melons! I mean, that will make it even easier! I used our favourite, Saputo Bocconcini, to add a little protein to the skewers! To give it an extra kick, just rub a little chili oil on top when serving!
Anyways, this is yummy and you should make it at least once before the summer is over! The basil sauce is a breeze to pull together and dare I say is the component that really makes this dish stand out. Bon Appetit friends!
Melon Skewers with Basil Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cantelope
- 1/2 honeydew melon
- 6-8 slices prosciutto thinly sliced
- 1 container bocconcini
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil, basil, salt and garlic into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Scoop out melon balls. Alternate melons, cheese and prosciutto on skewers. Garnish with basil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Nada R. says