A quick update on how Aren’s journey with food is going and all the details of our favorite chair, the Oribel Cocoon High Chair!
I think most parents can agree that one of the most exciting moments in that first year is when you start that journey to solid foods!
Let’s be honest, we’re all hoping to capture that funny snapshot of our littles eating something and giving us a funny face while they figure out what it is.
We were the same way and for us it was carrots; got that cute picture we were looking for!
Anyways there’s so much to consider when starting that journey. Are you going to do BLW or traditional? Make your own food or buy store made? How many times a day are you going to feed your baby?
There are so many questions and truth is there’s no right answer. Every baby is different and each mom has a different approach.
Here’s a little bit about what we did:
TRADITIONAL OR BLW?
We are actually doing a mix of both! Now I know that people that are strong BLW fans will say you shouldn’t mix the two but hey whatever works for you mama!
As a first time mom I felt a little too scared to go BLW all the way. Plus I wanted Aren to consistently eat different flavors and things. I know some babies that do BLW barely eat anything until around the 10/11 month mark!
HOW MANY MEALS A DAY?
We started with one full meal and a snack. Then brought it up to two. Now, at 8.5 months Aren is at 2 full meals with either a third snack or a third full meal. It really depends on the day, if he’s teething, etc! Today for example he actually only had lunch and dinner
Avocados, bananas and peaches! He also has recently become quite happy to chow down on grated cheese.
Peas! He also has a love hate relationship with carrots.
AND THEN THE GEAR…
We love using these loading spoons to help Aren learn to feed himself. Bonus it keeps him busy for at least 20 minutes, allowing mom and dad time to eat! We also use these Oxo bibs to keep him semi clean! They are super easy to wash and don’t stain.
AND OF COURSE THE HIGHCHAIR…
From day one I knew I wanted the Oribel Cocoon High Chair. Besides the fact that it’s beautiful, it has so many other factors that made it a must have for us.
Here’s what we loved about it:
- the recline: we love how it leans back making it perfect for bottle time!
- easy to clean: the tray has two parts essentially. Allowing you to pop off the top and wash it with ease! There’s also an optional seat liner that can can be wiped down with ease as well.
- easy to move around: the wheels located in the front of the high chair make moving it a breeze. We usually alternate between the kitchen and the dining room. It’s so much easier to move around with wheels!
- the sleek shape: because sometimes you want to make sure the high chair looks good in your house 🙂 I love the white frame and how modern this chair looks. It’s a perfect fit in our house!
- customizable color: our favourite feature! You can pick what color high chair you want. They all have the white frame but the inside color is customizable. We went with grey because it’s gender neutral and goes well with our house but you guys know that I totally would have gone with the pink had it been a girl!
- adjustable options : the Oribel Cocoon High Chair is adjustable in that you can fully remove the tray and pop in a small feeding handle instead. Baby is relaxed with feet out, and mom can sit down and feed those early foods with ease!
At the end of the day we wanted a high chair that Aren would be comfortable in. He’s going to be using it a lot, so comfort is on the top of our list.
And in case you’re wondering how hard it was to put together, here’s Aras two cents!!
“It’s easier than Sunday morning. But really it took four minutes with Aren’s help”
Thank you to Oribel for gifting us this highchair. As always, all opinions are my own. I will only share products that we love on This Life of Ours and this high chair is definitely one of them. You can find out more information and shop them here.