One of our absolute favourite dinners is a stuffed potato. We love them because they’re filling, nutritious and filled with so many yummy toppings!
Ok to be honest, I’m more team starchy white potato. But for a complete and healthy dinner, I’m totally onboard with the sweet potato trend.
We love these fajita stuffed potatoes as well!
Curry is one of our go to’s. Whether it’s takeout or homemade, it’s also a must.
So what happens when you add sweet potatoes with a delicious tomato curry filling? Magic, my friends! Magic!
What I like best is that this is such a great last minute meal. I generally whip these up a couple nights after we have Butter Chicken at home. I always make a little extra sauce- and the cucumber dip? Well tbh we usually eat it with chips so it’s always in the fridge (where my Persian friends at! Mast-o-khiar anyone!?) You can add shredded chicken to this if you want, however I find it pretty filling on its own. The perfect Meatless Monday dish!
Read on for the recipe and happy Monday! Chin up, it’s almost done!
Curry Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Spiced Chickpeas
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter chicken sauce
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- 2 Persian cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet that has been drizzled with oil. Poke a few holes in potatoes for steam purposes and rub potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes or until fully cooked.
- In the meantime prepare sauces and garnishes. Mix together yoghurt, mint, 1 diced cucumber and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set in fridge until ready to use. Warm up butter chicken sauce. Set aside. Mix chickpeas and cumin. Add 1 tsp of olive oil and pour onto a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Remove potatoes from oven and let cool. Immediately place baking sheet with chickpeas into oven for 6-8 minutes while sweet potatoes cool. Remove.
- Cut a vertical slit into sweet potato. Slightly smush open. Pour on curry sauce into each potato. Top with cumin roasted chickpeas. Drizzle yogurt sauce on top, followed by additional cucumber and cilantro. Enjoy!