I’m all about comfort foods- no matter what time of year! These homemade buffalo chicken tenders always hit the spot for us! Read on for the details!
What’s your favourite go to when it comes to fast foods? Mine has got to be chicken tenders. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They’re just so good, especially with a delicious dipping sauce. But, as most yummy things are- they’re not the best for you!
But what about when they’re homemade!? Then you can pretty much have them for every meal, if you ask me! Sure, these aren’t quite the same fried goodness you get at pub or say Burger King (guilty of loving those!). But they’re still pretty tasty, all the while saving you loads of calories. These are only slightly fried, with the rest of the baking time in the oven- resulting in a treat you can definitely indulge in.
And while we eat the regular ones all the time- sometimes it’s fun to change it up with a spicy sauce! Keep on scrolling for the recipe!
Ps this sauce is pretty amazing on its own. We sometimes do a buffalo chicken pizza and I use the same sauce base and it’s delicious. I bet it would be great with some actifry cauliflower as well if you’re really looking to cut calories.
Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup panko
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 tbsp Frank's Hot Sauce or any other
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Prep the chicken: Cut each chicken breast into 3-4 even slices, resembling tenders. Set aside
- Prep your breading stations: In three equal size shallow dishes, prep the breading ingredients. Pour flour seasoned with salt and pepper in one. Whisk the eggs and 1 tbsp water for the second, and pour panko for the third.
- Bread your chicken one by one. Dip in flour mixture, then egg and finally panko. Set aside until all complete.
- Warm up oil in a large skillet. Once hot, add in chicken, making sure not to overcrowd pan. Cook 2-3 minutes each side until perfectly golden. Place on baking sheet and cook an additional 4-5 minutes in oven.
- In the meantime make your buffalo sauce. Warm up butter, tomato sauce, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan. Once well incorporated turn off heat and pour onto cooked chicken breasts. Serve and enjoy!