The perfect cranberry bread to ease into fall with! Served best with a cup of hot tea!
Ok guys, someone is still struggling with the whole motherhood thing… That would be me right here! Luckily my mom has stepped in to share another recipe with you guys- this one is just perfect for fall!
She’s been making this bread for years so on her last visit to Montreal, I asked her to make another batch. Truth be told she had come to our house with one loaf that was devoured in about two days.
Being the amazing mom that she is, she said no problem and here we are with today’s fall recipe-moist and delicious Cranberry Bread!
This is so great for breakfast but also just sweet enough for dessert. And it’s the perfect make ahead dessert, as well as a great option if you are headed to any fall potlucks or Thanksgiving dinners.
The ingredients are fairly simple which is always a plus in my books.
You can add more cranberries to this recipe however I like it just the way it is because it gives it a cake like feel. If you add more cranberries you will lose a little bit of the sweetness but hey, whatever works for you 😉
Read on for the recipe and happy fall!
Mom's Cranberry Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cranberries chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- peel of 1 orange zested
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda). Whisk well.
- One by one, add in remainder of ingredients. The order does not matter however I'd recommend adding the cranberries at the very end.
- Cook for 55 minutes or until center is fully cooked. Let rest for 10 minutes and remove from pan. Cool and enjoy!