All the cuteness from Shiraz’s Digging Two birthday party!
Photography by Lisa Renault Photographie
Ah so excited to finally sit down and get this post up! While I don’t plan as many parties as I used to (thanks Covid and kids!), I still love a good party theme. In fact, these kinds of posts are my absolute favourite to share.
So without ado, here’s our Digging Two Birthday Party!
Shiraz loves contraction trucks, cement mixers, excavators-you name it! So it was a very natural fit to keep the theme set at Construction vehicles! I tried to keep the details as minimal as I could (a stretch, I know). Knowing the party was going to be indoors at our house, and I wanted it to be cute but not overly done up. I stuck with yellow, orange and white as my colors, adding a little black here and there.
I also didn’t want too many DIY elements- I find I usually take on more than I can chew so I just enlisted my mother’s help in wrapping tons of boxes in white and adding little yellow windows- buildings to use as a background for our desserts!
Before we get to the pics, here’s my usual checklist when getting birthday party ready:
- A color scheme that I’ll use from start to finish
- Desserts that we can keep at room temperature
- Favours that are appropriate for all kids- in this case we had one child that a bit older than everyone else so I made certain she had a different loot bag than the two years olds ;-0
- 1-2 fun activities
- A few personalized touches- in this case, our construction party hats that I had made with everyone’s name on them! The hats were under $20 but this was probably one of the best details of the party!
- A comfortable seating area for the kids- this was a little difficult with two year olds so I enlisted the help of a local business Pknik, who supplied us with the perfect mini tables and chairs! It was so great have size appropriate seating!
Speaking of activities, we used Montreal based Le P’tit Village last year for Shiraz’s very covid friendly first birthday 😉 I knew I had to have them back and so we emptied out our living room of furniture and set up in there! It turned out perfect! Balloon Babe Mtl created a garland that was draped around their slide and it was the best extra detail! Make sure to check out her Instagram page for so more balloon Inspo!
Birthday’s can get expensive so I find Etsy is a great place to find personalized details that won’t break the bank.
Funkissd is an amazing vendor that has so many cute kids party theme items- I ordered labels for the favour boxes as well as a custom cake topper from her.
I also found these cute on theme cupcake picks from another Etsy seller!
Ps if a Digging Two Birthday isn’t your thing, why not try one of these:
- Two Fast
- Two the Moon
- Two Wild
- Tea for Two
- Two Cool
- Two Sweet
And without further ado, let’s check out the party!