The perfect side to go with that steak or grilled chicken you’ll be serving up, these Twice Baked Potatoes are the easy to make and filled with all sorts of delisiousness 😉
We are a big potato family over here- we love them in every which way. Double stuffed potatoes happen to one of our favourites so I’m exited to share this recipe with you today, these Twice Baked Potatoes! They are honestly so good!
What I love most about this one is that it’s so easy to customize. If I’m missing sour cream, I can add a little Greek yogurt. Or I can omit altogether and add some more cream cheese. I can use any kind of cheese too- we prefer cheddar but mozzarella works, as does many others!
Here’s what’s most important:
Making sure your potatoes are really fully cooked the first time. If they’re not, you’re going to have a hard time scooping the insides out, not to mention the consistency is going to be way off.
You also don’t want to bake them too much because then it will be difficult to keep the shell of the potato intact. This is important of course because we need something to put the yummy stuffed potato and cheese mixture in.
And don’t forget the toppings:
Chives or green onions are going to give it a nice crunch and freshen it up a bit! I highly recommend you don’t skimp on those!
We like to add a little bacon as well, but it’s totally not necessary. Crumbled sausage is great to try to if you’re looking for a savoury touch.
Recipe below- hope you enjoy it!
Easy Sides: Twice Baked Potatoes
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- olive oil for brushing
- chives/green onions to garnish
- bacon/sausage crumbles to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Rub oil on potatoes and bake for 60 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool for ten minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut each potato lengthwise, scooping out flesh into a bowl and leaving an 1/8 inch shell. Return to baking sheet.
- Add all remaining ingredients to bowl. Season to taste. Scoop mixture back into potatoes. Top with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with bacon and chives/green onions!
Looking for more side dishes that are family friendly? Try out this super easy Green Bean and Pesto Salad that’s perfect for the warmer months!