Our favorite quiche recipe updated for Easter Weekend- say hello to this Savoury Asparagus and Bacon Quiche!
Over the years, quiche has quickly become my go to when entertaining for brunch. It’s so easy to make, can be prepped ahead of time and takes care do that ‘egg’ component at brunch.
When I have the time I’ll do a more complicated pie crust but for those weekends when I’m time pressed (which seems to be the norm these days), puff pastry is the way to go.
We always have puff pastry sheets in the freezer so it makes it even easier! Tenderflake makes the best sheets if you ask me! Just don’t forget to blind bake before you add the egg ingredients 😉
And to dress up for this weekend? I chose bacon and asparagus. The perfect mix of healthy and savoury!
Ps if you are really looking to take your quiche up one more level, throw the asparagus in while the bacon is cooking. You won’t regret it. The bacon fat will give the most amazing flavour to the asparagus and you will literally just want to eat it all! My asparagus came out so delicious that I think this will be a great addition to our usual arugula salad.
You really can’t go wrong with this Asparagus and Bacon quiche for this weekend- I promise!
Looking for other combinations? Try this smoked salmon one!
Asparagus and Bacon Quiche
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 8-10 asparagus spears trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cooked bacon diced
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooking cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit. Place asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 10-12 minutes, until cooked through but not too crispy (remember, they will cook more in the quiche as well) Remove from oven and let cool.
- Reduce heat to 350. Roll out your puff pastry sheet to a 10 x 10 square, or whatever size needed to cover your quiche pan. Drape pastry over pan. Trim off any excess. Using a fork, poke holes on top of pastry. Blind bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden.
- In the meantime, prepare quiche filling. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Add in feta cheese and bacon. Cut asparagus spears into thirds and add those as well. Season with salt and pepper. Pour filling into pan and bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until your eggs set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsely or other herbs and serve!