One of our favourite meals, this under 30 minute cajun pasta is quick to make and customizable with whatever you have in your fridge!
Alright guys, so this 30 minute cajun pasta recipe is a long time coming.
It’s probably our number one week night meal to make (besides peanut noodles!)
I’ve been making it for us for years – and I have a feeling it will be on rotation for quite a long time to come!
Say hello to my easy to make, under 30 minute Cajun Pasta filled with loads of veggies!
I’ve made so many variations of this pasta- that’s probably why it’s taken so long to blog about it! It’s so customizable- we rarely make the same version twice!
Today I’m sharing my favourite way to make it this time of year- with grilled veggies.
Here’s our secret trick: we make a giant platter of grilled veggies on the weekend. Then I use them up all week long, adding them in chopped salads, pastas and of course eating them on their own.
So when it comes time to make the pasta, half the work is already done!
Come snow weather, we switch it up to roasted veggies and it tastes just as good!
We also love to add grilled chicken, sautéed shrimp or even sausage at the end.
And as for the veggies? Once again anything works! I usually stick to peppers and zucchini but we’ve also made this with broccoli, spinach, kale and cherry tomatoes. For bonus flavour, marinate the veggies in a little cajun spice too!
The recipe also calls for whole tomatoes but you can even use diced tomatoes or crushed- it’s really that customizable!
And the best part? The leftovers taste even better.
Read on for the recipe and bon appetite!
30 Minute Cajun Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup assorted grilled veggies, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp cajun spice divided more if needed
- 15-16 ounces San Marzano tomoates or other whole tomatoes in sauce can substitute with 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, or 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 250 grams pasta, preferably tagliatelle or linguine noodle
- Set water to boil. Cook pasta per directions
- In the meantime, heat large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. When warmed up, toss in veggies. Stir for 2-3 minutes. Add in garlic, and stir till aromatic. Add in half of cajun spice. Stir till well incorporated. Add in whole tomatoes and liquid. Break tomatoes down with a wooden spoon and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in heavy cream. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes on low heat. Then add in half of parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Adjust for seasonings. Add remainder of cajun spice, more if needed.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet. Give a quick stir until pasta is coated with sauce. Top pasta with remaining half of parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Personally we love a lot of heat to this pasta and will add in more cajun spice. I'd reccommend tasting it as you go along to ensure it's not too spicy. If you find the sauce is too liquidy, add in more parmesan cheese or cream and let it cook down. If you find the sauce is not liquidy enough, add in a few tablespoons of tomato sauce.