A ridiculously easy appetizer to whip together that is tasty and full of crunch!
As long as I can remember, I’ve been obsessed with putting together fun appetizers for parties. It’s probably my favourite part of entertaining! I’ve tried out these Spicy Chipotle Shrimp Bites quite a few times now, and they’ve always passed the test.
The shrimp in it is so good that we love to eat it on it’s own as well! I will always make a double batch of the shrimp and use the remainder for rice and veggie bowls. So. Good.
Best of all it’s one of those apps that looks like it took hours to prepare but it really took minutes.
You can decide whether you want to buy premade guac- or you can make your own!
As for the cucumber slices, you can definitely cut them a few hours ahead of time. Just leave them in a ziplock in the fridge so they stay fresh!
And the shrimp? Well let’s just say it has the quickest marinade out there. I use chipotles in adobo sauce– one of my favourite ingredients for adding a heat factor to a dish!
All in all, a super simple and tasty appetizer! Read on for the recipe for these Spicy Chipotle Shrimp Bites!
Looking for more shrimp inspo? Make sure to check out this easy Shrimp Scampi Salad!
Spicy Chipotle Shrimp Bites
- 12 medium size shrimp deveined and peeled, tales intact
- 8 ounces chipotles in adobo sauce canned
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 english cucumber sliced
- Blend chipotles in adobo (using liquid as well), lime juice and olive oil in a food processor or blender.
- Marinate shrimp in mixture for 20 minutes, keeping it refrigerated. Meanwhile cut your cucumber into even sized discs. Place on serving dish. Top each cucumber with 1/2 tbsp guacamole. Feel free to make it a little less or a little more depending on the size of your cucumber.
- Warm up medium sized skillet on medium heat. Add butter and let melt. Toss in marinated shrimp, cooking 2 minutes per side or until cooked. Remove from heat.
- Place shrimp on top of cucumber/guacamole slices. Serve and enjoy!