One of our favourite Asian inspired meals that can definitely be prepped ahead of time! We love to serve our lettuce cups with some Peanut dipping sauce- recipe included!
It’s been absolutely forever since we’ve gotten a new recipe up on the site! Like most people I’ve taken a huge break from work during this Covid-19 crisis – that along with having my second baby- I’ve been MIA to say the least.
But even though I’ve taken a blogging break doesn’t mean we’ve stopped eating homemade meals at home.
In fact we’ve been eating more homemade dinners than ever- with Aren I remember doing a whole lot of takeout! With baby number two though, things look a little different. I have to make sure Aren still gets a nutritious dinner on the table so that means homemade all the way.
Since we do a lot of grazing during the summer time, lettuce cups are a fresh appetizer idea that we love. Add a little rice or egg roll on the side and we have a whole meal.
I love that we can make most of it ahead of time- and that the lettuce gives it a perfect crunch. And peanut sauce pretty much makes everything 100 times better, don’t you think?!
Like all the recipes you’ll find here, these lettuce cups are quick, easy and delicious! Read on for the details!
Asian Inspired Lettuce Cups
- 1 pound chicken breast skinless and boneless
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 12 leaves Boston/Bibb lettuce
- 1 cup english cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded or thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- basil or scallions to garnish
- Finely chop chicken breasts. Set asideIn a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, agave, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and sriracha. Set aside
- Warm up medium skillet over high heat. Add oil. Toss in chicken when oil is warmed up. Cook 3-4 minutes until fully cooked, stirring when needed. Add in half of sauce. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until chicken is well coated with sauce and sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 tbsp peanut butter to remainder of sauce mixture. Whisk well until no lumps remain.
- Separate lettuce on a platter. Spoon 2 tbsp of chicken mixture on each cup. Top with cucumber, carrots, peanuts and garnish. Serve with peanut sauce