An easy and quick recipe that’s sure to please the tiniest of eaters!
Now that Aren is officially eating three full meals a day, I’ll have to admit, I’m even more tired! Because now I’ve got to make him three meals a day, not to mention all that cleanup that goes on afterwards (read, avocado and pasta sauce everywhere!)
While we do give him some of what we are eating ourselves, I still like to have a few things on hand that are just for him. This comes in especially handy if we are doing takeout, eating a little later than usual or eating something that doesn’t have too many vegetables!
To save myself time, I’ve been trying to come with fun recipes that I can batch make and then freeze.
Enter these adorable zucchini muffins. They’re a take on a recipe I make for myself, yummy zucchini fritters. Baking them in the oven allows them to be a lot healthier for Aren because there’s no oil to fry them with. Plus they come out the perfect cute size just for him! I usually give him 2 of these along with the rest of his dinner, meaning one batch will definitely give you lots to freeze!
Best of all you can totally add in more veggies to this. Chopped tomatoes, broccoli, the possibilities are endless.
Read on and Bon Appetite little ones!
BLW Zucchini Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini grated or shredded
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs store bought or homemade
- salt and pepper to taste *you'll really want to keep the salt on the low side if it is meant for babies!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove excess water from zucchini. To do this place grated/shredded zucchini in a chesecloth and wring out water. Don't have a cheesecloth? You can just use a kitchen dish towel although it's slightly less effective! You really need to make sure you get all that water out, otherwise they will not stick together!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini, cheese, breadcrumbs and egg. Season slightly with s + p.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with baking spray. Scoop in zucchini mixture into tin. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until set. Let cool slightly and using a sharp knife remove muffins from tray.
- Let cool and freeze any portions you'd like to!
Leave a Reply