A summer inspired take on the classic margarita!
It’s officially summer weather here in Montreal and that means all the yummy summer drinks!
I’ve been meaning to try to get a cocktail in the mix that incorporated my favourite summer fruit, watermelon. I tried out a few different things, and finally came up with a yummy spin on a margarita!
Watermelons are so fresh tasting that they perfectly balance tequila if you ask me! Add a little lime juice to the mix and you have the perfect summer cocktail.
Warning- you may consume a ton of watermelon while making this 😉 I kept eating every other piece that was meant for the blender!
Side note the recipe calls for watermelon juice- either you can just buy this in store or make your own! Simply blend watermelon chunks in your blender and strain to remove pulp!
Side note how perfect are these for special occasions like the Fourth of July!? Watermelon is sturdy enough to be able to cut shapes out of. Then just use a sharp knife and make a tiny cut on the side so that you can attach it to the lid of your drink! Easy peasy!
Also in keeping with the color scheme, I opted to use this fantastic pink Himalayan salt that’s a Casamigos x William Sonoma Product! It’s the perfect pink colour for your drinks and I mean you can almost pretend you’re having a margarita with George Clooney if you use it 😉
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces watermelon juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- salt for garnish
- watermelon slices for garnish
- Pour salt onto a shallow rimmed plate. Rub rim of your glass with a lime slice and dip into salt. Shake off excess and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, mix tequila, watermelon juice and lime juice. Shake well.
- Strain cocktail into glass and top with ice. Garnish with watermelon slices and enjoy!