An easy and delicious app to make for Super Bowl Sunday- or any day really, these cheesy jalapeño poppers are definitely a crowd favourite and can be made ahead of time.
Possibly one of the best food days of the year, Super Bowl Sunday is fast approaching. I mean besides Thanksgiving, is there really any other day with better food?!
I like to go for a wide variety of snacks to graze on during the game. The more the merrier- even if it’s just the two of us!
This year I thought I’d share our super easy Cheesy Jalapeño Poppers Recipe.
They’re one of those things that you think might be difficult to make (or maybe you just don’t know how) but it’s as simple as mixing a bunch of ingredients into a bowl and stuffing them into jalapeños! So simple!
The only real thing you need to keep in mind is that sometimes you just don’t know the spice level of your jalapeño until you bring it home. I like to cut a teeny sliver and taste it before I proceed with the recipe. If it’s already spicy enough I leave out the seeds. If it’s not spicy at all, then the seeds can stay!
Besides that, there’s really not much to these poppers- read on for the recipe and enjoy!
Looking for more app ideas? I’ll definitely be making this yummy Artichoke Dip as well!
Cheesy Jalapeño Poppers
- 8 jalapeños seeded and membranes removed
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese we use cheddar
- 1/4 cup bacon diced
- 1/4 cup green onion divided
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing or dip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, salt, pepper, cheese, bacon and half of green onions.
- Cut jalapenos in half vertically and remove seeds and membranes. Stuff with cheese mixture. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until tops start to get golden. Bonus, at this point top with a little extra cheese and pop under the boiler for 2 minutes!
- Remove from heat and top with remaining onions. Serve with a side of ranch!