Our version of the creamy pasta classic, this easy Creamy Alfredo Sauce is a cinch to whip up, just in time for fall!
It’s officially sweatpants and pasta weather, right?!
Nothing says fall is here more than a big pot of creamy pasta, some vino and that crisp fall air if you ask me!
It’s no surprise that we love pasta over here (my faves are probably this creamy Cajun one and this Rosé sauce!) the kids love it, I love it, and it makes the best leftovers.
We never made a ton of Alfredo sauce around here though. I’m not really sure why! But in the quest of expanding my sauce repertoire I decided to find one that works for us.
The key for me was something creamy but not too heavy. Something filling but you can also go for a walk after! You get my drift.
Enter this yummy easy Creamy Alfredo Sauce!
With minimal ingredients it literally comes together in minutes.
Did you know that Alfredo sauce originated in Rome, and that the Chef that created it made it for his pregnant wife?! I think that pretty much sums up Alfredo sauce- something we all crave when we need something yummy and comforting!
After a few attempts (all very easy by the way), I’ve settled on this recipe. Super easy, comes together in minutes and kid friendly! Here’s a few things I found helpful along the way:
- Using freshly grated parmesan makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE
- Making sure the butter doesn’t brown at the beginning- this will darken the color. While I love a good browned butter, it’s not what we want when making Alfredo.
- Making sure the sauce coats a spoon- you know it’s on the right path when it can coat a wooden spoon. If it doesn’t, it means you need to simmer it longer. If It can’t coat the spoon, it’s not going to give your pasta a nice coating!
All in all, I found this so easy to make after years of not attempting- really, I’m not sure what I was waiting for. Using fresh ingredients is best but regardless this is an easy meal to add to your family meal rotation!
Easy Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- Add butter in a medium saucepan. As it's melting, add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Add in cream. Slowly incorporate in cream cheese until fully melted. Let cook in for a good 8-9 minutes on low heat, making sure sauce doesn't burn.
- Toss in the italian seasoning, salt + pepper. Whisk again until smooth. Taste and season accordingly.
- Add in parmesan cheese. Whisk.
- Add pasta if you are using sauce for pasta! Otherwise reserve what whatever use!
Leave a Reply