One of our favourite go to meals, that all four of us will happily eat! Say hello to this easy Penne with Rosé Sauce.
I know it’s the middle of July, but in our family pasta always reigns supreme. Is it because it’s a toddler friendly food and I have two toddlers?! Maybe. Or is it because carbs are life around here and I could easily eat pasta for every dinner. Maybe that too 😉
In the summer we like to whip this up and then serve it with some grilled veggies and steak on the bbq. It’s the perfect summer meal that keeps you full and satiated. Perfect for guests, and perfect for just you!
Rosé sauce is so easy to make- I remember the first time I made it I was shocked by how quickly it came together.
That being said I think ingredients are really important- San Marzano tomatoes are always a must for us as is lots and lots of garlic!
This sauce tastes great the next day too- I would just recommend thinning out with a tablespoon or two of cream!
Read on for this super easy Penne with Rosé Sauce!
Easy Penne with Rosé Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Reggiano grated
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic and continue to cook on medium heat for an additional 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to burn your garlic or onions- reduce heat if necessary.
- Add in can of San Marzano tomatoes, including all sauce. With your hands, gently crush the tomates into the sauce. Stir and reduce heat. Let sauce simmer for 30 minutes, covered.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. When sauce is ready, turn off heat and using an immersion blender, blend tomatoes completely into sauce. This should take 1-2 minutes only as everything is already well cooked. Add in cream and stir. Season to taste and then add in Parmesan Reggiano. Stir well.
- Mix pasta and sauce, using reserved pasta water as needed. Top with fresh basil and serve. immediately.
Looking for more meal inspo? This turkey ragu is equally as quick to make!