An easy cocktail, full of flavour that’s a snap to put together. Some fresh grapefruit juice, a little thyme infused simple syrup and the typical gin and tonic basics. Refreshing but totally delicious because of those herbs! Read on for the full recipe of this Grapefruit Gin and Tonic.
Grapefruit Gin and Tonic
- 1 ounce thyme simple syrup
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- tonic or sparkling water to top
- grapefruit wedges and thyme for garnish
For simple syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4-5 sprigs thyme
- Combine gin, juice and simple syrup over ice.Top with tonic water and garnish with wedges and extra sprigs.
To make simple syrup:
- Combine equal parts water and sugar and bring to boil. Then add in a handful of thyme sprigs and reduce heat. Allow it to simmer for 30 minutes to an hour and then turn off heat. Let cool and refrigerate. You can even refrigerate overnight for ease. Next, discard sprigs and use liquid in cocktails and waters!