While I’m all about the food hacks, I have tried to limit the processed foods that we eat around here. When it was just Ara and myself I didn’t mind as much. But with a toddler in tow that wants to eat everything that resembles chocolate, I’m trying a little harder!
Enter this homemade peppermint pudding. Yup homemade!
It’s really not as difficult as it may seem (true fact I’ve had many a Jello Pudding Packs in my lifetime) and the peppermint gives it the perfect holiday touch.
I like to serve them in clear mugs or parfait cups and sprinkle them with some candy canes and chocolate- the perfect treat for adults and kids!
Are you team pudding?! I can’t help but find it a nostalgic dessert that I’ll me making for years to come!
Homemade Peppermint Pudding
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips or baking chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt. Turn pan on medium heat, and add in milk, whisking to incorporate. Continue cooking until mixture is thickened and there are no clumps, around ten minutes.
- Add in chocolate and mix for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Give one final mix and then pour into your serving containers. Refridgerate for 30 minutes or longer. Serve garnished with peppermint chunks and/or chocolate shavings
Leave a Reply