I love a good arugula salad and this one pear and arugula salad is just perfect for fall!
I adore arugula. It’s definitely one of my favourite greens. I find you don’t need much to dress up an Arugula salad- it has such flavour on its own making it a great choice for weeknight meals.
And in the fall? It’s even better topped with seasonal ingredients. Say hello to your new favourite – Pear and Arugula Salad!
Ps let’s talk candied walnuts for a second! They are soooo easy to make. They literally take 5 minutes- the only key is that you can’t leave them alone. I learnt that mistake the first time I gave them a go. Just mix your walnuts, butter and sugar over medium heat and I promise you amazing results! Bonus, they look fancy which is always a plus when hosting.
And pears? Such a fun topping. Tomatoes and cucumbers can get pretty boring so this salad is a definite winner for us!
Read on for the recipe! I’ve also included our go to salad dressing that we use all the time! The key? White Balsamic Vinegar!
Looking for more Arugula ideas? Check out this favourite topped with white beans!
Pear and Arugula Salad with Candied Walnuts
- 4 cups arugula loosely packed
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbps lemon juice
- salt to season
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- Prep Candied Walnuts: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add butter, sugar and walnuts. Stir frequently and consistently until sugar is melted and walnuts are fully coated. Keep stirring until walnuts darken in color- you'll want to remove them from heat as soon as they are the perfect color. A few seconds too long and they will burn. This whole process will take less than 5 minutesPour onto parchement paper and using a spatula, break them apart. Let cool.
- In the meantime add all dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk. Set aside.
- Place arugula in a large bowl. Season with salt. Toss with dressing and top with walnuts and pears.