Date night at home?! This Penne alla Vodka hits all the right notes and is pretty straightforward to make!
I love pasta. So when I heard that it was national Pasta month, I jumped on board the chance to share yet another pasta dish with you. This time I’m giving you the lowdown on my Penne alla Vodka!
I’ve made quite a few versions before- some are creamier, some have more cheese- but this one is my favourite! You get all the flavours from the ingredients but it’s not too heavy or overwhelming. Meaning you can indulge in that second bowl with no regrets!
It definitely tastes great the first day but also makes for amazing leftovers. I like to keep some fresh basil on the side in case we are going to warm it up the next day!
I also used Catelli Penne Pasta for this recipe- it’s one of our favourites!
Read on for the recipe and happy Friday!!
Looking for more pasta dishes? Makes sure to check out this easy ragu!
Penne alla Vodka
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1/3 cup chopped pancetta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 28 ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 1/4 cup chopped basil plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound penne I used Barilla!
- Heat large saucepan over medium heat. Add oil and let warm up. Add in onions and stir 3-4 minutes. Toss in pancetta and stir for another 2-3 minutes. Add in garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in canned tomatoes, breaking up tomatoes into small pieces. I find it easier to use my hands but a wooden spoon works too!
- Add in vodka and let sauce simmer for 20 minutes. Adjust for salt and pepper. In the meantime, cook your pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Once vodka has cooked off, add in cream, parmesan and basil. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes on very low heat. Toss in pasta and garnish with extra basil.
Leave a Reply