A super fun and also quick dessert to make with the kids this Halloween! These Pumpkin Pie Parfaits are sure to be a hit!
Let’s be honest here- I’m so happy to have kids because I can finally start making fun holiday treats and desserts!
I mean, sure these spooky pumpkin pie parfaits would probably work for adults too- but they’re way more fun to make for kids!
I love the sparkle in Aren’s eye when any of his food has ‘eyes’ on it- he just thinks it’s the funniest thing ever!
And bonus? These parfaits are a super easy baking hack that I am all about. We mom’s have enough to worry about- coming up with complicated treats for the holidays shouldn’t be one of them.
All you need is a can of pumpkin pie filling (we love this one from E.D. Smith!), some pudding, store bought cake mix and some spooky eyes! Ps you can obviously make this with homemade cake. I used store bought cake mix though and once you add the pudding component, you can’t really tell the difference!
It’s got that perfect taste of fall, yet still very kid friendly!
As for the eyeballs, anything goes. you’re going to want to gage it with how big your parfait cups are- for these we ended up cutting large marshmallows in half to get the right size. I think bigger is better but that’s just me.
Read on and happy Halloween!
Looking for more spookish treats? Make sure to check out this fun Halloween punch that’s more suited for the adults!
Pumpkin Pie Parfait
- 3/4 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1 pudding package vanilla
- 3 large marshmallows
- black decorater's gel
- 2 cups chocolate cake, cubed
- Make your pudding as per package directions.
- Once ready, add in pumpkin pie filling. Mix well. Feel free to add more pie filling if you want a stronger flavour.
- Prep your eyeballs. Cut marshmallows in half horizontally. Make two eyes on each. Set aside.
- Alternate pudding and cake in your parfait vessel of choice, ending with pudding.
- Top with spooky eyes and serve!