My mom’s banana bread has been a go to in our house the last few years- we also may or may not have consumed our body weight in it during the last few months of quarantine! Read on for this recipe – it’s sure to become a family favourite!
Banana bread definitely had it’s moment a few months ago when everyone was in lockdown and baking up a storm.
While I do love to bake, luckily for me my mom was in town and took over in that department. She makes the best banana bread and I wouldn’t be exaggerating if I were to say that she made two loaves a week. It was pretty much my breakfast everyday from March through June. And I’m not complaining- because it’s so good!
She’s volunteered to hand over her recipe- hooray!
So today I’m sharing my mom’s super easy banana bread recipe that’s perfectly moist every time.
As we head into fall, we are all about the cozy meals and snacks and this will be making a fast return! We will also be making her cranberry bread that I posted here a while back!
Read on for the recipe and happy baking!
Mom’s Easy Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Mix sugar, banana, eggs and oil together. Whisk dry ingredients together and slowly incorporate into wet ingredients.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix one more time.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until set. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Photography by Lisa Renault Photographie