Ahh it’s finally summer here in Montreal and I couldn’t be happier. After the long winters we have to endure, summer is always a warm welcome.
And because it’s relatively short here in the north east, we are always trying to maximize those summer activities.
My favourite summer time activity is a little more dare I say, relaxing. I prefer a nice patio, with a warm breeze and some sort of yummy beverage. And on those really hot days? I’m happy to switch out that beverage for a boozy popsicle. Oh yes!
I made these Bellini Popsicles last year for the blog but this year I’ve perfected them even more.
They are so easy! The best thing about popsicles is that you can make them a few days ahead of time and just store in the freezer. You don’t have to think about them again until it’s time to have one! That being said, while these are a breeze to make, they are not a good last-minute party idea. Because while I’m all about quick, there’s no magical way to get your popsicles to freeze in 30 minutes.
But don’t despair. Like I said you can make these way in advance and just pop them out one day! What’s better than that?!
Read on and happy summer friends!
- 2 1/2 cups chilled prosecco
- 3 cups sliced peaches divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar or agave syrup
- Blend Prosecco, 2 cups sliced peaches, lemon juice and sugar on medium speed until well blended. Taste for sweetness and add additional sugar if need be.
- Pour Mixture into molds
- Freeze for one hour or until mixture starts to slowly settle. Add in sliced peaches into molds, close lid and top with popsicle stick. Continue to freeze overnight or at least an additional 5 hours.
Leave a Reply