One of our favourite things to pair with pasta or even just a salad, this easy cheesy garlic bread is one you want to try!!
Some nights you just need comfort in the form of carbs and this easy cheesy garlic bread is just that! Comforting, delicious and oh so perfect.
I made it one night a while back when we had guests over. I wanted to do a spin on traditional garlic bread so I opted for this. After a few trials it came out perfect! I used parmesan cheese so that the cheese wouldn’t be as overpowering as say a cheddar cheese- keep in mind cheddar work work just fine though. Parmesan mixes well with the butter and is generally easier to spread!
Here’s a few other things to keep in mind:
- The more butter, the better 😉
- Fresh herbs will give it more flavour than dried
- Make your cuts as deep as possible
I mean, if you’re making garlic bread you’ve already fully embraced the butter so just go with it! You want every pieces to be as delicious as the next so that requires making sure they all have the same seasonings! Speaking of seasonings, fresh herbs are going to be more flavourful than dry. Trust me on this! However if you are in a pinch, feel free to use dry. I often times do a a mix of both.
And finally the cuts! The deeper you cut, the less dry the bread will be overall. Deeper cuts, yummier bread. Just be careful not to cut all the way through!
Ps feel free to substitute the herbs for anything you like! I find rosemary is a bit much for this but basil might be delicious!
So let’s get to it! Are you ready to make a super easy and delicious loaf of cheesy goodness?! Ps this actually makes great leftovers- Just pop it into the oven on low heat until warmed up! Or better yet, serve it alongside this Penne Pasta 😉
Here we go!
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf bread anything works as long as you are able to make vertical and horizontal cuts in it
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/2 cup herbs* chopped finely
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine softened butter, herbs, garlic and parmesan together. *If you're using the red pepper flakes, add along with everything else.Season with salt and pepper
- Cut your bread vertically once and then start making several horizontal cuts. I kept mine at about 1 inch. Be careful not to cut all the way down.
- Spread butter and cheese mixture into the slots, making sure to get every crevice! Feel free to brush a little olive oil or butter on top of the bread to get it extra golden. Bake for 20 minutes or until desired crispiness is achieved. Remove, let cool and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply