A fun last minute dessert idea as we head into Valentine’s Day, these mason jar strawberry shortcakes are perfect for all ages!
Looking for a last minute treat for kids or adults this Valentine’s Day!? I’ve got you covered with these adorable mini mason jar strawberry shortcakes!
You guys know that I love a good hack and this is just that.
Disclaimer: I totally used a boxed cake mix to get these going and I’m not ashamed to say it! Sometimes a little hack is just what we need to get a meal or dessert on the table!
Add in some homemade whipped cream and macerated berries and you have the perfect treat.
Bonus? You can make these ahead of time. I’d recommend just the morning of, however you can totally make it a day ahead if you need to. You might just need to add a little whipped cream on top when ready to serve!
And because they’re mason jar strawberry shortcakes? Well, you can easily pack them up for dessert at a friends house, a bake sale, or work! Just pop on the lid! I love these Bernardin jars that you can pick up at Amazon!
Read on for this ridiculously easy recipe that has me dreaming of cake as I type this 😉
And if you’re looking for another strawberry dessert for Valentine’s Day weekend, make sure to check out this yummy cake recipe courtesy of my mom! It’s one of our faves and sure to be yours too!
Mason Jar Strawberry Shortcakes
- 1 package store bought cake mix
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, diced
- 6-8 small strawberries for garnish
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp confectioners sugar
- Prepare your store bought cake mix as per the directions on the box (or make your own!)Prepare it in a rectangular cake sheet pan for optimal results. Once completely cool, cut into rounds that will fit your mason jars.
- Toss strawberries with granulated sugar and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip heavy cream in a mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks almost form. Add in vanilla extract and confectioners sugar. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, start with one cake round in the bottom of your mason jar. Add a spoonful of strawberries, top with cream and repeat. Add a small strawberry on top of second layer of whipped cream and serve.